WHAT IS MUSCLE STIMULATION?
Muscle stimulation such as electronic Transcutaneous Electronic Nerve Stimulation (TENS) has been around for thousands of years. The Ancient Egyptians placed electric eels from the Nile on painful areas for relief. Since the 19th Century in Europe and in recent clinical trials TENS machines have been shown to be of therapeutic benefit.
TENS treatment has been described for years as an aid to alleviating pain and discomfort. The Massage XP V is the latest state of the art TENS machine as it also incorporates electronic acupuncture treatment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Hi Dow XP V stimulates nerves, by sending an electrical pulse at 120 pulses per second. gently through your skin. Two respected scientist discovered a theory. call the "Gate Theory". This theory says that when you feel a sensation other than pain, the mild bio electrical impulses actually close the gate and do not let the pain signal to pass to the brain through the spinal column.
The electrical impulses speed their way across the skin and onto the central nervous system much faster than the pain signal. By getting their first the electrical information "closes the gate" to pain, blocking its passage and pain message to the brain. Once the pain eases, the muscles that are in spasm begin to relax.
Once the muscles relax the Hi Dow XPV increases the blood circulation to the soft tissue damage to the painful area and therefore increases and speeds up the healing process. This in addition helps your body release endorphins. These are natural chemicals formed within the body that behave like a strong drug, reducing the perception of pain for hours at a time, and in many cases pain has been completely alleviated.
The Hi Dow XPV relieves pain and aches — muscular joint, ligament, neuralgia and arthritic conditions. When the massager is placed directly on the area of pain through the regular contraction of the muscle of the diseased parts it can:
- Relieve low back pain, sciatica, shoulder and neck pain, knee pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, period pain, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome and the pain of child birth.
- Accelerate microcirculation and promote the absorption of inflammatory substances while sending better nutritional supply to the injured tissues.
- Loose adhesion and ease joints.
- Relax muscle and relieve muscle spasm -Increase the healing process from injury in the soft tissues such as the muscle, ligament and tendons.
- Reduce fat caused by acute injury and chronic strain.
- Prevention of muscle atrophy
Pregnant women and patients who have heart disease or epilepsy should not be using the XPV. Pregnant women should not use the unit until in their last trimester.